10 Vegan Blogs I Love
Last week I was reading one of the newest blogs on my must-read list, Bring Joy, and I stumbled across a post where Janae talks about the blogs she loves and reads daily. While most of her blogs aren’t food or even vegan-related, it got me to thinking about the blogs I read every day without fail.
There are so many amazing vegan blogs out there and I read so much about vegan food that sometimes I forget other blogs exist (they do though, weird, right?). Since I tend to keep fairly busy (and by that I mean I don’t just sit and relax – ever) if there’s a blog I’m reading everyday then it must be doing something right. Instead of just reeling off my favorite blogs, I wanted to keep it focused on vegan blogs and give you a little insight into why I keep coming back to each one for more. Not all of them are solely focused on food, but you’ll notice that they all at least touch on it here and there. What can I say, I like food – eating it, cooking it, sharing it.
I hope you find something new here – I’d also love suggestions in the comments about blogs I should be reading. Without further ado, my top 10 vegan blogs:
10) This Can’t Be Vegan – The only reason this blog isn’t higher on my list is because Shoshana doesn’t post often enough. But when she does, man, her food looks unreal! She makes tons of tasty dishes that omnivores would be surprised are vegan, which makes them great for passing around at parties! The photos and recipes are all spectacular.
9) Happy Healthy Life – Kathy is just amazing. Even though she seems like a super on-the-go kind of person, her recipes are generally those that make you want to sit back and relax a bit. Not only does she have recipes, but there’s loads of other information on veganism and healthy living that are great to have on hand as resources.
8) Southern Vegan Food – This quirky blog is just what the doctor ordered when you want some Southern vegan noms. I am originally from the South and most of my family still lives there, so sometimes I get a hankerin’ for some down home cookin’ – and this blog delivers big time. The recipes are truly southern and the voice of the blog is too!
7) Vegan Dad – If you have kids (and even if you don’t) then you should be reading this blog. His casual and comfortable writing style draws you in and the amazingly easy and delicious recipes keep you there. He offers up great inspiration for DIY vegans who want to make good food that’s also good for you that your kids will love. He makes funnel cake, y’ all, it doesn’t get better than that.
6) Meet the Shannons – These crazy kids set out to veganize the Betty Crocker Cookbook and they’ve done just that. Now they have their own cookbook coming out soon that has veganized recipes from the iconic 1950′s cookbook! This husband and wife team are both funny and creative and their recipes are super yummy. They also taught me how to make a Tofurky really sing – and for that I’ll always be grateful.
5) Oh She Glows - Angela’s quirky writing style and out-of-this-world (yet easy!) recipes make hers a blog I never miss. The food is always (mostly) healthy and even though they seem complicated, are usually very easy. She also has lots of ideas for dinner parties, which I find very useful. The beautiful photography doesn’t hurt either and she’s always sharing tips for taking better photos.
4) JL Goes Vegan - JL is one of the most down-to-earth vegan bloggers I think I’ve ever read. She’s a very genuine person and that comes through in her posts. She writes about vegan food, the vegan lifestyle (she’s also a vegan lifestyle coach now!), transitioning to veganism, and fun new recipes. She loves her appliances like rice and pressure cookers and always has tasty, wholesome dishes to share. She is also unapologetic about cooking with oil and gluten and for that I commend her and am grateful. So many vegan blogs take issue with oils and gluten and every other thing under the sun that veganism starts to seem inaccessible. Homegirl JL keeps it real, yo.
3) Spabettie – This girl has got it goin’ on. Kristina has amazing vegan (most are also gluten-free) recipes, but even more amazing are her photos, which I could actually eat – no food necessary. I’ll just need a big glass of almond milk to wash them down with and I’ll be a happy lady!
2) Vegansaurus – This site is a collaboration of multiple vegan writers, but the one thing they all have in common is that they are funny and witty as all get out. They seriously crack me up everyday, even when they are doing something as seemingly mundane as a product review. They cover everything from food to events to animal rights issues and everything in between. Definitely a go-to blog for everything vegan. Bonus: If you live in the Bay Area they have lots of event updates and restaurant reviews for you!
And now for #1!
1) Fork and Beans – Cara is seriously one talented lady. She veganizes some of the best foods and treats you can imagine (Cheez-Its or Girl Scout Cookies anyone?) and takes some of the most delectable-looking photos of them when she’s done. Not only are her recipes vegan, but they are also gluten-free, which makes her even that much more impressive. Also, her posts usually have nothing to do with the recipe itself, just witty remarks on life – which is something I love about the blog!
So what are you waiting for? You have a lot of reading to do!