Liebster Blog Award
As I’ve been alluding to recently, things have been kinda cray cray around here lately, so I have to admit that my day was made when my fellow food blogger, Karielyn of The Healthy Family and Home, nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award!
This summer will be my two-year blogiversary (as well as my veganversary!), and I’m excited to find out that people are actually reading my blog – who knew? I surely did not. I’m one of those people who talks simply to hear the sound of their own voice, so being recognized by others is definitely a cool thing (I’m really not as pompous as I sound 🙂 ).
So, along with getting this nomination comes a few requests – so let’s have at it and have some fun before the weekend!
So, what is a “Liebster Blog Award”?
The “Liebster Blog Award” is a way for fellow bloggers to share some blog love with some of their favorite blogs. There are no judges or special rules but more of an award given to you by your peers. The word “Liebster” is German and means “dearest”.
Upon receiving the “Liebster Blog Award”, the nominee then writes a blog post on their own blog and includes the following:
- 5 Random Facts
- Answers to 5 questions from the person who nominated you
- Names of your nominees for the Liebster Blog Award
- 5 Questions for your nominees
Who nominated you?
Karielyn of The Healthy Family and Home nominated me for this award and I have to say that I absolutely adore her blog!
5 Random Facts:
- Peppermint is the greatest. If it were a person it’d be the president, the most gifted athlete, and the most talented artist all wrapped into one cute little striped packaged.
- If you get a massage without a butt massage, then it was not a massage worth having.
- Sitting on a deck with the sun on my face and a book in my hand is the greatest feeling in the world.
- Frida Kahlo is the most epic artist ever – dead or alive. I love her work and only wish she’d been around longer to create more of it (though I suppose it’s quite fitting that she would leave us early and in her blue house).
- I can, and will, recite every line of the movie A League of Their Own, whether you want me to or not.
Answers to TheHealthyFamilyandHome.com questions:
1) What is your most favorite kitchen appliance that you just can’t live without?
Definitely my red Kitchen-Aid 7-quart Food Processor. I think I got it as a wedding gift many moons ago, and though it’s not the fanciest thing in the world, it gets the job done – especially when I have a hankerin’ for almond butter.
2) What is your most favorite ingredient that you just can’t live without?
Oh, this is a toughy. So many things in the vegan pantry are immensely versatile, so it’s hard to pick just one. Since I have to, I’ll go the boring route and say salt. Salt brings out the flavors of any dish – I’m not talking table salt, I’m talking about finishing salt. I love how it wakens up your tastebuds and reveals a dishes true flavors to you, no matter if it’s savory or sweet.
3) What is your favorite fruit?
I’d have to say the classic banana is my favorite. It never goes out of style and it works great as a post or pre-workout snack. It’s easily transportable and it can satisfy a sweet tooth – it’s a pretty great all-around food.
4) What is your favorite vegetable?
It’s gotta be cauliflower. Steamed, riced, roasted, grilled, pureed, or raw, cauliflower’s slightly earthy taste and crunchy texture sends this girl over the moon! Also, it’s fairly neutral in flavor, so it can be made into just about anything and goes with any dish.
5) When you are in recipe-making mode, is your kitchen neat and orderly or does it look like a crime scene?
Depends upon the recipe and how involved it is, but I’m usually fairly neat and orderly. I try to do the dishes as I dirty them and I put things away once they’ve been used. I don’t have a lot of counter space so it’s sort of out of necessity more than anything. Though, if I have to use all 4 burners on my stove at once, all bets are off.
And now, it’s time for me to spread some “blog love” to some of my most favorite blogs I follow.
My 5 “Liebster Blog Award” nominees:
- Cadry @ CadrysKitchen
- Lynn @ ScissorsandSpice
- Caitlin @ TheVeganWord
- Celeste @ GrowingUpVeg
- Christine @ OatmealInMyBowl
5 Questions for my nominees:
- What is one cookbook you can’t live without?
- What is your favorite scent/smell?
- If you could travel anywhere for dinner, where would it be and what would you eat?
- Tea or coffee? What kind?
- What is the most unique/weird thing you’ve ever eaten? Did you like it?
If you don’t already follow or read these blogs, I hope you get to visit some or all of the ones listed above because they are all excellent recipe creators, writers, and people. Note: not all of the blogs are vegan or even food focused – just a heads up!
Have a wonderful weekend! I have a trail race this weekend (a sorta challenging, middle-distance one that I’m completely unprepared for), so I am in for a dirty weekend!